It's truly incredible when you think about it. Sometimes it is difficult to have faith that everything will work out. But, if you open your heart to listen... God WILL speak to you.
I have had a significant amount of free time these past few days. It has given me time to relax, take pleasure in reading, watching movies, playing games and praying. Prayer is something that has become so central in my life. Ever since I started focusing more on prayer life, things really began to fall together... and at those times when I need it the most-- God brings me back and gives me the nourishment my spirit was thirsting for.
Today was a great example of this. I was praying evening prayer, and the reading could not have been more appropriate for me to hear at this point in my life. It is as follows:
Colossians 1:9b-11
"May you attain full knowledge of God's will through perfect wisdom and spiritual insight. Then you will lead a life worthy of the Lord and pleasing to him in every way. You will multiply good works of every sort and grow in the knowledge of God. By the might of his glory you will be endowed with the strength needed to stand fast, even to endure joyfully whatever may come."
God is AMAZING, isn't He?! I have just graduated from college, have moved to a new city and am about to start a new job... what better time than NOW to hear this passage?! God has given me SO much reassurance right when it is most needed. Any question or doubt that I am on the right path has been tossed out the window. I feel like my spiritual armor is on and I am ready to go out and fight the good fight. Ready or not, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment