I have been mulling over the many recent events, trying to figure out what to say. I am baffled at how the world has come out to attack the Catholic Church. Though, when I think about it more, how can I really be surprised?
The Church has unwaveringly stood solid on the foundation of her teachings. Now, things like this HHS mandate are coming at her, and she does not back down. Eyes are beginning to open and see how strong she really is, even under tremendous pressure.
I have never been anything but Catholic my whole life. So, it is sometimes difficult for me to see where others are coming from when looking at these types of situations. I feel blessed to have my own "life reference book" -- otherwise known as the Catchechism of the Catholic Church. If I have any question about my faith, some answer can be found... and I don't stop there. I do not recommend living your life blindly accepting what is presented before you. I do my research to understand WHY my Church teaches what it does. The more I investigate, the more sense it makes. I used to be a "Catholic lite" where I would only look at the surface and only accept what I understood without finding any reason to search deeper for Truth.
Now, we are amidst quite possibly one of the most important election years to date. So many things are happening and I'm finding that we are being robbed of our freedoms... ever so slowly. The more government that steps in, the less say we have as citizens.
I have to say, I really am not a fan of politics. I get annoyed with all the fake politicians and people who are in it for the wrong reasons. But, when my freedoms are being threatened, I'll suck it up and do something about it. I am not going to mention any names right now, but I do wish to ask that if you are reading this... PLEASE think about what it would mean to vote for whomever you are giving your vote. Would that person impose more government or less? What would America look like after years of his or her policies?
We need more people who are willing to REALLY research candidates and not just accept what the media tell us. I think it is very important for everyone to vote. However, whatever you do, don't take my word for it - do your own research and really think about the impact you are making with your vote.
No comments:
Post a Comment