Some days I get thinking about my future and one of two things happen. Either I get really excited about the countless possibilities OR I get scared out of my mind over the unknown that lies ahead. But, through this... I've discovered - the fear I sometimes feel - only brings me to question the decisions I am making now, working to make a difference every step of the way. I more carefully analyze where my life is headed and what I am doing to make things happen. How is my relationship with God strengthening my future? AND more importantly... how is what I am doing now strengthening my relationship with God? These are two questions that cause a great deal of consideration and thought.
With Lent quickly approaching... I see it as another incredible opportunity to grow in my life and relationship with God. Sacrificing something for Lent should not be as basic as it sounds. The point of giving something up is to bring you closer in your walk with God.... a way to develop your relationship and come to a better understanding of His Passion where He gave His life for us. I am carefully considering what way would best help me accomplish this. Lent has always been one of my favorite times of the year. It has always been a time of great reflection and spiritual growth. I pray that this Lent may be just as fruitful and thought-provoking as in the past.
God's love is overwhelming - a relationship is a bit of give and take... so, let God take hold of your heart as He gives you His.
No comments:
Post a Comment