Friday, August 27, 2010

New Beginnings

In under a month, my life has done a 180. I went from a state uncertainty in nearly every aspect of my life to where I am now. I have an amazing full-time job, an apartment of my own and a bright future ahead of me. This is not to say I wasn't happy or trusting that through God's grace things would work out... only that I couldn't see any stability in my near future. Now, praise God, stability is unmistakably present and prominent.

My experiences in the last 4 months of my life are ones that I never expected, but would never take back. I enjoyed every challenge, every joy and every opportunity.

As I adjust to my new surroundings, I'm realizing that living alone may not be the worst thing ever (as I previously had imagined). I have been blessed with an opportunity to get to know myself and focus more on my work and my relationship with God. I can budget my own time, prioritize and more easily navigate my life to allow for greater efficiency. However, I am still learning the challenges of living by myself. I have to be more of a self-starter than ever. I have to push myself to keep my priorities in line and not lose track of where I spend my time and where keep my focus.

Last night I attended a wonderful young adults' group in the area. I realized that fellowship in the faith is undoubtedly something I cannot live without. There are reasons that "faith community" and other similar phrases are emphasized upon discussion of growing in the faith. Personal growth and reflection is definitely important -- but sharing that faith with others is essential as well.

The discussion last night also made me realize how much I need to keep intellectual reading and conversation a part of my life. Discussing philosophy and theology invigorates me and I really miss having classes and regular discussions on the topics. However, keeping up on pro-life literature and other books in my library will certainly help. =) All in all, life is good and is looking better all the time.

No comments: