I have to be honest. Before this evening, I (along with much of the American population) was completely misguided into not thinking much of Sarah Palin's abilities. I am now 100% ashamed about that fact. Granted, I'm not so sure she should be the one to fill the GOP ticket for the 2012 presidential election -- but that is undoubtedly for other reasons than her "lack of ability." She is a powerful speaker. She is real, passionate and is way beyond the terrible label the media give her.Sarah is dignified. She has a bold presence that is impossible to ignore. I had the pleasure of shaking her hand, along with about 10 others, out of the 1500 that were present for the Vitae fund raiser tonight. As a journalist, I fail to understand how one could still feel like a true journalist after tearing a woman like this apart. If any of these so-called "journalists" were actually present when she spoke to a crowd, and were honest about her impact -- we would never see the kind of coverage she has been given. I went to this event with a bias... and not one in her favor. I left with my eyes opened and I now see her for how she should be seen. I have gained so much respect for her after tonight's event. I greatly admire this woman who stands so strong when so many stand against her.
Her speech tonight was invigorating. She spoke about a number of things relating to the pro-life cause. She was real. I could tell that it wasn't a "show" to gain support. We were all there for one reason -- to join together as pro-lifers and inspire each other to do more in the movement. She did her part and shared with us all that she had been through with the challenges God has placed in her life. She talked about her daughter's struggle and how Bristol has used her personal difficulties to help others. Unlike how the media want to pummel Bristol, saying she is a hypocrite... Bristol is using her experiences to tell others how difficult it is and wants them to learn from her as an example of what could happen. Sarah mentioned her struggle with finding out her son had down's syndrome and truly "walking the walk" of accepting what God has put before her and standing strong. She talked about how she knows God doesn't give people more than they can handle and through faith -- she could face any challenge. She talked of what a joy her son is and how she knew as soon as she held him in her arms that she was ready.
I admire Sarah for being so honest about the experiences and challenges that have been placed on her family. Contrary to what the media tell the world, these challenges do not make her weak -- they make her (and her family) a solid example for how to pull through and trust in God. Whether it was Bristol's unplanned pregnancy or her son's diagnosis -- the Palin family stood together and supported each other. I feel blessed to have been at the Vitae event tonight. Not only did I meet some great people, but I learned what the media have covered up for so long -- the beauty and passion of Sarah Palin.
1 comment:
Great to hear.
Post a Comment